Vladimir A. Chistyakov
Southern Federal University, Rostov-on-Don, Russia
Don State Technical University, Rostov-on-Don, Russia
E-mail: email@example.com; Cell: +7 909 440-90-75
2014 – Present Research Professor, D.I. Ivanovsky Academy of Biology and Biotechnology, Southern Federal University, Research Professor, Research Laboratory«Agrobiotechnology Center», Don State Technical University, Rostov-on-Don, Russia
2011– 2013 Head of the Central Research Laboratory, Rostov State Medical University, Rostov-on-Don, Russia
2008 – Present Head of the Experimental Mutagenesis Laboratory, Research Institute of Biology, D.I. Ivanovsky
Academy of Biology and Biotechnology, Southern Federal University, Rostov-on-Don, Russia
2004 – 2008 Senior Researcher, Azov Sea Fishery Research Institute (AzNIIRKh), Rostov-on-Don, Russia
2004 – 2008 Technologist-Microbiologist, Atlantis-Pak, Rostov-on-Don, Russia
2002 – 2004 Head of the Laboratory of Integral Ecological Expertise of Azov Sea Fishery Research Institute (AzNIIRKh), Rostov-on-Don, Russia
1988 – 2002 Senior researcher, Azov-Sea Fishery Research Institute (AzNIIRKh), Rostov-on-Don, Russia
1985 – 1988 Researcher, Research Institute of Biology, D.I. Ivanovsky Academy of Biology and Biotechnology, Southern Federal University, Rostov-on-Don, Russia
2013 – 2014 Professor, Faculty of Biological Sciences, Southern Federal University, Rostov-on-Don, Russia
1992 – 1996 Assistant Professor, Faculty of Biology and Soil Science, Rostov State University, Rostov-on-Don, Russia
DEGREES AND AWARDS
2011 Doctor of Science in Biology, Southern Federal University, Rostov-on-Don, Russia
1986 Ph. D. in Biology, Rostov State University, Rostov-on-Don, Russia
1982 M.S. in Biology, Rostov State University, Rostov-on-Don, Russia
Honor and Awards
2003 Medal «300 Years of the Russian Navy»
Dr. Chistyakov is a qualified expert in pharmacology, biochemistry, biophysics and genetic toxicology. He has many years of productive experience in scientific research management. He established the Laboratory of Experimental Mutagenesis (the Institute of Biology, Sothern Federal University, SFedU). In this laboratory, a number of projects supported by AVTSP, FTP and SFedU internal grants, have been successfully carried out. Dr. Chistyakov participated in a commercial research project «The practical use of Skulachev’s ions.» In the frames of this project, Dr. Chistyakov supervised several studies andshopwed for the first time antimutagenic, endocrine and NO generation stimulating activity of 10-(6′-plastoquinonyl) decyltriphenylphosphonium (SkQ1. The project served as a foundation for the first national mitochondria-targeted formulation, «Visomitin.» Under the leadership of Dr. Chistyakov, models of age-related loss of cellularity and of the interaction of the C60 fullerene with protons were established. Dr. Chistyakov guided several research projects that showed probiotic properties of sporeforming microorganisms, and the genomes of most promising strains were studied. Dr. Chistyakov’s laboratory conducted in vitro experiments, which proved the ability of Bacillus probiotic spent media to produce biologically active antioxidants and DNA protectors. Dr. Chistyakov has experience in research on processes of aging, including reproductive aging, the development of probiotic products and their application in poultry.
Research Projects Management (last five years)
- Veterinary probiotic preparations for the animal health modulation (2019 – 2021, funding: Government of the Russian Federation (contract №075-15-2019-1880).
- Slowing down the reproductive aging of hens by the cultures of probiotic microorganisms producers of substances with antioxidant and DNA-protective activity (2016 – 2018, funding: Russian Science Foundation, grant RSF №16-16-04032).
- Study of the resistance of microorganisms to antimicrobial preparations caused by application of mutagenic drugs (2014 – 2017, funding: Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation, state assignment).
- Findpath of DNA damage decreasing in allergic diseases of children under the age of 3 years old (2012 –2013, funding: Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation, targeted program).
- Study of the mechanisms of antioxidant activity of fullerene C60 № 213.01.24/2013-43 (2013, funding: grant of SFedU).
- Investigation of mechanisms and search for ways of correction of toxic effects of neurological pathology therapy based on nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (2012 – 2013, funding: Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, state assignment).
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS (last five years)
- Fedik NS, Kletskii ME, Burov ON, Lisovin AV, Kurbatov SV, Chistyakov VA, Morozov PG. Comprehensive study of nitrofuroxanoquinolines. New perspective donors of NO molecules. Nitric Oxide. 2019. – V. 1;93. – P. 15-24. doi: 10.1016/j.niox.2019.08.007. IF = 3.37
- Chistyakov VA, Prazdnova EV, Mazanko MS, Bren AB. The Use of Biosensors to Explore the Potential of Probiotic Strains to Reduce the SOS Response and Mutagenesis in Bacteria. Biosensors (Basel).- 2018. – V. 8. (1). pii: E25. doi: 10.3390/bios8010025. IF = 2.58
- Chikindas ML, Weeks R, Drider D, Chistyakov VA, Dicks LM. Functions and emerging applications of bacteriocins// Curr. Opin. Biotechnol. – 2017. – V. 5;49. – P. 23-28. doi: 10.1016/j.copbio.2017.07.011. IF= 8.681
- Khardziani T, Kachlishvili E, Sokhadze K, Elisashvili V, Weeks R, Chikindas ML, Chistyakov V. Elucidation of Bacillus subtilis KATMIRA 1933 Potential for Spore Production in Submerged Fermentation of Plant Raw Materials// Probiotics and Antimicrobial Proteins. – 2017. – V. 9(4). – P. 435-443. doi: 10.1007/s12602-017-9303-9. IF= 1.
- Khardziani, T.,Sokhadze, K.,Kachlishvili, E.,Chistyakov, V.,Elisashvili, V. Optimization of enhanced probiotic spores production in submerged cultivation of Bacillus amyloliquefaciens B-1895 // J. Microbiol. Biotech. Food Sci. – 2017. – V. 7 (2). – P. 132-136. IF= 2.9
- Algburi, S. Zehm, V. Netrebov, A. B. Bren, V. Chistyakov, M. L. Chikindas Subtilosin prevents biofilm formation by inhibiting bacterial quorum sensing// Probiotics and Antimicrobial Proteins. — 2017. — V. 9 (1). – P.81-90. doi: 10.1007/s12602-016-9242-x. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs12602-016-9242-x IF= 1.6
- Y. P. Galvan, I. Alperovich, P. Zolotukhin, E. Prazdnova, M. Mazanko, A. Belanova and Vladimir Chistyakov Fullerenes as Anti-aging Antioxidants//Current Aging Science, 2017. — V.10- N.1 — P. 56-67. http://www.ingentaconnect.com/contentone/ben/cas/2017/00000010/00000001/art00013 IF=0.543 DOI: 10.2174/1874609809666160921120008 http://www.eurekaselect.com/145681/article
- M.S. Mazanko, V.A. Chistyakov , E.V. Zhednova , I.O. Pokudina , M.N. Churilov ,V.K. Chmykhalo , M.M. Batyushin Dioxidine induces antibiotic resistance of bacteria //Molecular Genetics, Microbiology and Virology, 2016. — № 6. — P. 149-154. WOS Impact 0.183
- P. V. Zolotukhin, A. A. Belanova, E. V. Prazdnova, , M. S. Mazanko, M. M.Batiushin, V. K. Chmyhalo, & V. A. Chistyakov . Mitochondria as a signaling Hub and target for phenoptosis shutdown. Biochemistry (Moscow). 2016, 81(4), 329-337. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1134%2FS0006297916040039 DOI: 10.1134/S0006297916040039 IF=1.537
- V.A. Chistyakov, P.V Zolotukhin., E.V.Prazdnova, I.Alperovich, A.V.Soldatov Physical consequences of the mitochondrial targeting of single-walled carbon nanotubes probed computationally // Physica E: Low-dimensional Systems and Nanostructures (2015) V.70. P.198-202.//www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1386947715001046DOI: 10.1016/j.physe.2015.03.005, IF=1.550.